- Always have an offline version of the documentation
- The Internet – don’t leave home without it
- Don’t overthink things
- Know your APIs inside out
- Do not try juggling events
- Learn to use git
- Don’t loose your head
- Implement one feature at a time
- Have a working prototype to demo.
- Don’t wait until your ready. JUST DO IT!
So I had a memorable “first” hackathon. 3 JS/HTML/CSS newbies. Power shutdown for the entire day. Snail slow net (no net for the most). Juggling two events. 6 hours. And we still managed to cook up a working prototype for the demo. 2nd place doesn’t sound too bad 😛
“If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives…”
– Lemony Snicket